Monday, May 7, 2007

Criticism

Jesus frickin Christ, I am such a child. I really can't take criticism at all. Today I was biting my tongue so as not to tell my boss to fuck off when he made some (as it turns out valid) remarks about my review. I'm sure he could see it in my eyes.

If I'm going to do this for a living, I've really got to loosen up, but it's so hard for me. I'm so sensitive about what I write, whether its fiction or non, that I can't listen when people are honestly trying to help. All I hear is, you suck you suck you suck. And all I can imagine is me beating in their heads with a window air conditioner ala High Fidelity. Is it arrogance? I mean, I expect a lot from myself, but I don't think I'm the best by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe its just that no one likes other people to validate their private insecurities.

I'd ask for help in this, but I like you guys and I don't want to beat your heads in.

Love,
Warnie

No comments: