Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Great Idea




I just had a damn fine idea for the Democratic Party - one which I'm not sure has really occurred to anyone.
What if there was a Gore/Obama Ticket? Sounds like a stretch right? But that's only because it'd be too good to be true. You'd have the experience that Al brings to the table combined with the excitement the Obama has shown that he can generate. Plus, with Al's new status as Green Prophet I doubt there's really any chance they could lose. Think about the future possibilities of that - 16 years of able leadership. Any doubts of Obama's executive qualities would disappear after 4 years as a Vice. And whatever his personality faults, Gore is a faithful Baptist, and one of the most, if not the most, intelligent persons in politics today.

That's a ticket I would really get excited about. I think you could overcome any hesitations on either candidate by putting them together and the benefits for the country would be enormous.

No comments: